Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Seed Stitch Burp Cloths

Seed Stitch Burp Cloth

 Make this as plan or as decorative as you want. I made some for myself using scrap yarn but you can make it for a friend by using one color and adding appliques on a corner.

Here's a link to some FREE applique

Materials

Lily Sugar N' Cream Cotton Yarn
Size H crochet Hook

This Pattern has not been tested yet. Please let me know if you have any problems

Instructions Turn at the end of each row.

Row 1: ch 38, sc in 2nd ch from hook, *ch 1, sk1, sc in next ch* rep from * to * 

Row 2: Ch1, sc in first sc, sc in ch1 sp, *ch1, sk sc, sc in ch1 sp* rep from * to *sc in last sc

Row 3: Ch1, sc in first sc, *ch1, sk sc, sc in ch1 sp of previous row* rep from *to* up to last two st (last two sc of last row) , ch1 sc in last sc.

Repeat Rows 2 & 3 until the burp cloth measures 12 inches

4 comments:

  1. I have used this seed stitch pattern many times to make dishcloths. It's a nice, tight stitch using cotton yarn yet opens up slightly when wet. The pattern is very attractive and looks complicated.
    Good idea to use as burp pad. Not only does it catch the dribbles but becomes an instant cleaning tool that can be used wet when needed.
    I also love your Sweet Berry Cocoon and Hat pattern. Your clever idea of making an ordinary cocoon look like a huge strawberry deserves an A+.Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made one of these into a wash cloth, and I am now thinking of making the actual burp cloth for pregnant cousin who is due in 3 weeks and who told me today that she has no burp cloths. (Eeeep!) Luckily there was one in the gift I gave her today, and soon she will have more, since this pattern is so fast!

    ReplyDelete